This episode brought to light a very interesting debate: can Division be used for good? Michael seems to think so, and I sure loved watching him try to convince Nikita of his unorthodox opinion. It provided quite a bit of compelling material for the hour.
Of course, the real highlight of the hour was Alex. After weeks of being sidelined with a painful love interest, our little heroine finally found herself back on the field. This hour really exemplified what makes a hero and Alex undoubtedly proved herself as one as she sacrificed her long-deserved freedom to save Jayden. Moreover, I also adored her announcing that she staying in the fight as Michael and Nikki watched on like loving parents. The three just have a wonderful family dynamic that feels very earned.
Speaking of Jayden, this was her strongest episode by far as it actually gave her a lot to work with and elevated her character from one-dimensional bully to a layered woman with a past of her own. I absolutely loved the ending (no surprise there) with her presenting Percy with the nerve toxin and being promoted to full-agent status. Things can only get explosive from here on out.
Bits & Bullets
– Fantastic dream fight with Alex vs Owen & Jayden. I don’t know what’s up with the show’s obsession with 3-way fights lately but they’ve all been incredible.
– It’s so nice to have Michael, Nikita and Alex on the same side discussing how to take down Division.
– Loved Jayden and Alex working together as prostitutes.
– That Anya turned out to be much tougher than I expected.
– Awesome moment with Jayden and Alex double teaming everyone culminating with Jayden shooting Kalume dead.
– Alex with the double guns (after flipping over the table) was so very Lara Croft.
– The second fight between Nikita & Anna was spectacularly choreographed. And I love that Nikki took her dress.
Nikita: Michael I love you. I just hate where you work.
Nikita: Once you’re free, you’re going to have to be on your own for a little while. I know you’ll be smart and I know you’ll be careful, but please be strong, for yourself. God knows you’ve been for me.
Anna: And the trigger?
Kalume: There’s an app for that.
Jayden: Know what I did? Stuck a knife in the back of his neck. The people I work for thought I showed initiative.
Girl’s Best Friend is yet another riveting and absorbing hour of Nikita.