I can’t stress how much I love SpyFam (or Team Nikita as Percy so aptly coined the group). This was another outstanding hour of Nikita that further cemented just how much the show deserves a third season.
First off, I’m very intrigued by Percy’s endgame. If he’s not building a bomb with all that plutonium, then what is he building? Color me curious, it better not be anticlimactic.
As for the Kendrick stuff, it was pretty darn exciting all throughout. I enjoyed Michael (and Ryan) going beyond Nikita’s orders and her helping them out anyway. She’s really such a fantastic heroine and one you can’t help but always root for. The fact that she’s found her comedic side this season only makes her more lovable.
And can I just say Sean & Alex have finally won me over? They’re actually a very charming couple and of course Sean’s highness in this episode had a lot to do with making them even more endearing. I really hope this doesn’t mean the writers intend on killing Sean off any time soon. There’s real chemistry here and I really enjoyed Sean’s speech to Alex (while teasing her family name) and of course the couple’s first kiss in the back of Birkhoff’s car.
Bits & Bullets
– Loved Maggie Q pulling off the alias with the accent as she berates the bodyguard for “dating” her sister. Hilarious.
– Cool visual with Nikki in her blue dress picking up the badass sniper rifle.
– Michael is pretty damn awesome breaking his ex-student’s neck after a brutal fight.
– Chilling moment as we realize the Team Nikita safe house is surrounded only for it to blow up.
– Still no Amanda. This is getting old.
– Amazing ending with “home-quarters”. Team Nikita cold not rock more.
Nikita: This government has always treated me like I’m expendable. And I’m gonna save it anyway.
Birkhoff: You’re buying the next house.
A thrillingly enjoyable hour from a stunning sophomore season that just won’t quit.