This was an excellent penultimate hour that did a superb job of setting up the finale. After all, what could be bigger than Team Nikita infiltrating Division and endings things once and for all? This show consistently reminds me of The Vampire Diaries particularly with the sheer confidence it has in plowing through developments with stunning gravitas and a magnificent attention to continuity (Robbie’s return in this hour is potent proof of that). Moreover, I must say it was a joy to watch our two favorite couples carrying out their epic plan. I can’t wait to see more Nikita/Michael & Sean/Alex working side by side next year.
And finally, the last few minutes of the hour were just too darn tense for me to handle. I’m just so invested in our team that I found myself on the edge of my seat wondering how they were going to get out of their predicament. The charges going off as Michael called out for Nikita provided a heart-stopping ending to the hour and left me suitably pumped for the finale. I wholeheartedly hope it’s a spectacular hour that does the season justice. And if it somehow disappoints, well we’ve got a whole other season to look forward to and I couldn’t be happier.
Bits & Bullets
– Nikita’s opening dream was quite creepy yet effectively prophetic.
– Way to go Michael blowing up that gas talk.
– Sean knocking out Robbie as he threatens Alex; hilariously unexpected.
– Percy has his own personal death-star: definitely not an anticlimactic reveal. I’m pleased.
– Percy blackmailing the President; pretty darn epic.
– I wish we got more of Sean & Alex escaping from the reactor on the motorcycle before it blew up. It felt hastily edited.
– Nikita’s “I’m not running anymore” speech to Michael was chilling. The “dying in that hellhole without” part broke my heart. God I love these two now.
– Birkhoff kissing Nikita and proclaiming “May the force be with you” was just funny and touching on every level.
-Michael’s reaction to the above-mentioned kiss: priceless.
– I don’t really find myself that invested in Percy’s desire to join the unnamed group of super-villains. I’d like to be proven wrong eventually.
– Alex’s smirk after she saved Sean; loved it.
– The Division agent breaking her fellow accomplice’s neck with her legs to alert Sonya was a shockingly good move
Michael: You thinking what I’m thinking?
Nikita: Storm’s coming.
Percy: (To The President) Right now, I’m your Commander In Chief.
The President: So you’re telling me that the combined might of the U.S. military forces are no match for one madman? In New Jersey?“
Nikita: Michael you’re too heavy for me to lower, not that I’m dissing your girlish figure.
Expertly plotted and especially nerve-wracking, Crossbow was the perfect set-up for next week’s season finale.