Another week, another explosive episode of The Vampire Diaries. This episode didn’t blow my socks off, but it was quite the significant episode with a noteworthy development for our heroine.
While Nina Dobrev was spectacular in this, I have a big issue with Elena’s guilt. It’s not like Connor was innocent; he had threatened her and everyone she loved so it’s hard to feel pity for that psychopath. Nevertheless, I get the concept that they’re going for. I just wish her “first kill” was more impactful with regards to the actual victim.
While Connor was pretty cool as a villain, I am much more intrigued by Jeremy getting the hunter tattoos. The boy is finally going to get a worthwhile arc to work with and I’m eager to see how they handle this storyline.
Bits & Bites
– The diaries are back! How weird…
– Excellent action moment in Mystic Grill as Elena attacks Connor and Jeremy gets shot.
– Highlight of the episode: the epic scene in which Elena brutally murders Connor (without knowing he’s the key to the cure). It’s superbly done and seriously jaw-dropping. Reminded me that I miss Katherine.
– It looks like I’m going to get my wish and Bonnie’s going to become this year’s Big Bad.
– Elena’s “I killed someone” speech was fantastic. Nina Dobrev sure is on fire this year.
– Insane ending with Elena seeing blood everywhere. Hmm… hallucinations?
Damon: The plan is: I’m going to rip Connor’s heart out then feed it to him.
Stefan: That’s not a plan. We need to be careful.
Damon: Hence the open-heart surgery.
A solid and eventful hour of The Vampire Diaries.