I have to say I’m really loving the fact that our docs are in charge of the hospital. It adds a whole new dimension to the show that feels very earned after nine seasons.
Christina in particular was badass this week. It was insanely satisfying (and hilarious) to watch her own her position by handing Dr. Russel’s budget to Bailey while essentially allowing herself the opportunity to take on most of his duties. Sandra Oh rocked the subplot and I loved how it culminated with her condescendingly tapping Russel on the shoulder and telling him “the board believes you can.” Epic.
Meredith’s never been the most positive girl around, so her paranoia over her baby being abnormal felt very true to the character. Thankfully, the storyline was played for laughs and provided the hour with a ton of amusing comedic bits. The highlight of that storyline for me was Bailey pitching her project to the baby after practically begging the entire hospital for her desperate funding.
Arizona and Callie haven’t had the easiest year so it was reassuring to watch them reconnect sexually (or at least try to). Both Capshaw and Ramirez have had some great material to work with this season and this hour was no different. Having Callie’s massage turn erotic provided a touching and amusing bookend to their intimacy issues.
Bits & Scalpels
– Loved the gang playfully complimenting Arizona’s ass.
– Owen and Avery pimping the Lodux machine cracked me up.
– Loving the new high-tech hospital with the branding, the logo and the coffee sleeves.
– The teacher with cancer and her sad students really broke my heart.
– I wish someone would put April and her stupid “carnival” metaphors out of their misery.
– Alex, Webber and the kid playing pranks on Jo’ boyfriend were sort of amusing. But I have to say I loved the latter’s reaction at the end as he taunted Alex with the “nailing Jo” talk.
Meredith: When we’re not working, our hands are idle. And the devil will find work for idle hands to do. And when you have an idle mind, well that’s the devil’s playground too.
Meredith: I’m just saying, if anybody’s gonna have a baby with 2 heads, 3 arms and 11 toes, that’d be me.
Bailey: That’s what happens when the hospital is slow, doctors start punking each other.
Christina: I am the best “four people” you will ever have working for you.
Must Download Tunes
Hey Love by Quadron
Big Light by Houses
Hollow Drum by Laura Welsh
Shadow Of A Man by Neulore
A very enjoyable hour of Grey’s Anatomy.