Things are getting quite messy on Nikita, and I couldn’t be happier.
While it’s not the most original angle, I’m fascinated by everyone turning on Nikki and her methods. It’s pretty glorious to see the team arguing (loved Alex putting Ryan in his place) and the growing divide between Nikita and her protege. I’m even more impressed by the fact that they’re all aware Amanda is the source of these rifts, and yet they still can’t help themselves. It’s only a matter of time before the guys start picking sides which should make the whole situation even more deliciously volatile.
While Team Nikita managed to stall the President’s cleanup plan for now, I have a feeling the strike team’s bound to make an appearance by the time the finale rolls around. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Danforth, but Nikita’s blackmail of him using the Black Box was pretty darn genius. Oh Percy, you’re sure given the gang some neat tricks.
In addition, I’m glad that Nikita and Alex’s problems haven’t totally dissipated even after several confrontations. Their final talk was especially intriguing, topped off with Nikita ominously stating “we’re free” as she stared at the Black Box. Hmmm… I’m not totally sure what to make of this ending, but I liked it.
Bits & Bullets
– Oversight and Cleansweep references! Woohoo. I love that this show never forgets its past.
– Oh Amanda, I can see your love for tea has not waned.
– Did anyone immediately else think of Alias when Nikita and Zoe were running and fighting in evening gowns? It was so darn reminiscent of Sydney and Anna Espinosa, not to mention the fact that the actress who plays Zoe looks eerily similar to Gina Torres (the whole exotic Amazonian look).
– How great is the chemistry between Alex and Birkhoff? These two really feel like brother and sister.
– I laughed at Nikita barking orders only to realize Birkhoff wasn’t sitting behind her.
– Epic moment with Alex strutting in and telling everyone in Division the truth. Lyndsey was just awesome this week.
– Four woman fight scene! While Nikki and Alex won a bit too easily, it was still pretty exciting.
– I don’t usually comment on fashion but Nikita’s hookery leopard dress in the final scene was way too distracting.
Owen: Why am I the guy refilling drinks?
Michael: Ex-cleaner. Seemed like a good fit. Tonight you can clean tables.
Nikita: So what you’re her little minion now? Gotta warn you, didn’t work out for the last one.
Alex: You thought we were working for The President. Maybe it’s time you let someone else do the thinking.
Nikita: Hey hey. He made a mistake.
Alex: Not his first.
Dan: How did you get my number?
Amanda: I ran Division. Getting your number is the least difficult thing I’ve done in a decade.
Ryan: Division can survive a lot, but not a war between the two of you.
An exciting hour that capably set the stakes for the final stretch of the season.