Shouldn’t Greys be stepping things up this late in the season?
Every once in a while, I connect to a patient-of-the-week, and Sarah Chalk was pretty magnificent here as a mother desperately trying to find answers for her son’s ailing condition. She seriously broke my heart and I loved the fact that Meredith felt for her when no one else did. She’s a mother too after all, and she understands instinct (not to mention the fact that she owns the damn hospital). The whole subplot proved to be extremely satisfying, especially when the Kawasaki Disease suggestion turned out to be accurate.
I’m not too sure what to make of Meredith visiting Bailey at the end with the hope of genetically studying her predisposition for Alzheimer’s. Where will the writers take this next? I have absolutely no idea.
I can’t believe I’m about to say this but I’m starting to like yet another intern: Brooks. She was quite amusing playing Derek’s slave and catching his things. The less said about annoying Ross however, the better. I hope he dies a tragic, painful, brutal death in the finale.
Bits & Scalpels
– Well here’s a visual delight Grey‘s hasn’t done before: a man on fire running outside the ER. Visually it was pretty cool and disturbing.
– I cringed when Karev brutally pushed the umbilical cord back into the mother.
– Researching symptoms on the internet to find the disease. Who can’t relate to that?
– Owen sure took great care of the kid. He’ll make an awesome dad I’m sure. Who else wants to see him and Christina as parents?
– Arizona and Callie were pretty disposable this week.
Must Download Tunes
Amsterdam by Daughter
The Storm by The Airborne Toxic Event
A forgettable albeit entertaining hour.