Review by Tagouga
So this episode was definitely not worth the wait. It’s such a shame that Grey’s Anatomy has become so tiring to watch and this is coming from a very loyal fan. So let’s dig into this hour’s latest developments.
Bailey’s OCD is still keeping her from doing surgery and she is insisting on not taking her pills. The sad part is that this storyline is so utterly boring and uninteresting. The OCD signs popped out of nowhere in previous episodes, and we have no idea what happened with Ben – is he is still around? How are he and Bailey getting along after what happened? Luckily, Richard was here to help Bailey and he managed to convince her to treat her OCD. Honestly, I was glad Richard finally got out of the hospital but then again, the writers needed him back inside right away to provide Bailey with support. I really hope this whole OCD issue is over with soon, because it’s really not doing Bailey’s character any good.
The writers apparently have no idea what to do with April so they had to bring her sisters to town with a storyline that’s already done before. Remember George and his brothers? Except April’s sisters are much more annoying; seriously even April seems good in comparison. Thankfully, we might not hear much about this new trio going forward (lucky us!) since a fight between them and April led to the latter firing her sisters and instead choosing Meredith, Cristina, and Arizona as her new bridesmaids. We all saw how “excited” those three were.
Cristina and Meredith are still fighting; although for a moment, things were looking up until the two misunderstood what the other was trying to say and went back to square one. It’s really sad to see how the relationship between these two has deteriorated throughout this season.
The only part I liked about this episode was Derek and Callie’s work on the robotic hand. Seeing the patient finally reach out to her husband and managing to move the hand was extremely touching.
Bits & Scalpels
– Cristina and Shane having sex! OH GOD WHY?!
– Since when does Shane have the privilege to make an “executive” decision without at least consulting with Cristina or Owen for that matter? God I really hate this guy! Can we kill him already? Better yet can we get rid of all the interns? C’mon Shonda it is been a while since we had a death in the hospital.
– Unfortunately, the last time we saw Alex’s dad wasn’t really the LAST time. Maybe he just returned to give Jo something to do but I am really fine with her not having any screen time.
– Callie and Arizona decided to ignore their issues by not talking about them. Yes! Great solution right there, we all know how this will turn out.
– How exactly did Matthew and Avery’s confrontation end up with Matthew inviting Avery to the wedding?
Team by Lorde
Gun by Chvrches
Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst by Kendrick Lamar
A very disappointing hour of Grey’s Anatomy. Next week’s episode promises a great cliffhanger so let’s keep our fingers crossed.
Ultimately, this video perfectly sums up my reaction to the current storylines on Grey’s.