I feel like I don’t have much to say about Arrow these days. That’s not to say this season is bad; it’s miles ahead of the atrocious fourth season, but I’m nowhere near as passionate about the show as I was in its stellar second season. As for this episode? Well, it was pretty good I guess (in a ticking off the boxes sort of way).
First off there’s Prometheus. Ignoring the fact that he’s yet ANOTHER Dark Archer, the writers have done a fine enough job building him up as a the season’s Big Bad (thus far). The fact that the antagonist has been melting Ollie’s old killer arrows is a nifty touch, not to mention spelling people from Ollie’s infamous list. Even the final twist with Quentin potentially being the villain was effective (although obviously a red herring). Maybe the baddie’s eventual reveal will kick the season into high gear and retain my investment?
Now let’s take a moment and discuss just how annoying Felicity and her detective boyfriend are. I thought Olicity was rock bottom, but this subplot is painful to watch (not to mention the fact that Tyler Ritter has the charisma of a mop. Terrible casting right here ladies and gentlemen!
Bits & Arrows
– Why are Star City citizens randomly shooting into the air? How idiotic was that?
– So Quentin is indeed still drinking. Say what you will about this storyline, I love that that the show has paired him with Thea.
– The flashbacks were notable for the introduction of Dolph Lundgren as Kovar, who now has Ollie captive. I’m not excited.
– Yet another nod to season one: Ollie shooting tennis balls!
– How did Evelyn even last 2 seconds fighting Prometheus on the train? Lame!
– Train blowing up: terrific CGI (Sense my sarcasm).
– So Detective Malloy now knows that Felicity works for the Green Arrow. This is going to be fun!
– Rene and Thea… future couple alert?
Quips & Canaries
Felicity: Well, I’ll say it again. This is serious enough to warrant telling the rest of the recruits.
Diggle: Who–Curtis and 3 people we barely know?
Rene: You have a to-kill list? And I’m the out of control one?
A solid hour in theory, but I’m losing interest in this season.